Drafting Assistant Desktop Software Download
Drafting Assistant Version 4.423.1010
This software package installs the latest version of Drafting Assistant as an add-in to Microsoft® Word.
To install Drafting Assistant, verify you meet the system requirements below and then proceed with a Single Desktop User Install or Multiple Desktop Users Install for System Administrators
Supported Operating Systems*
- Windows 10, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows 7, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2
* Note that "Home" editions of Windows and Mac OS are not supported.
Windows User Account
To install and update software, you must have administrator privileges on the computer.
Supported Word Processors*
- Microsoft Word 2016, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Word 2013, 32-bit or 64-bit
- Microsoft Word 2010, 32-bit or 64-bit
* Note that Office 365 subscriptions are supported in the desktop version of Microsoft Office for Windows. Online versions of Microsoft Office are not supported at this time.
- Internet Explorer 11
- Personal computer with 1GHz dual-core or faster processor
- At least 1GB of RAM
- At least 2GB of available space on the hard disk
Single Desktop User Install
Complete the following steps to install Drafting Assistant software products on a single desktop using a wizard.
- Close Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Click the Download button below, save the installation file to your local hard drive, right click the file and select "Run as administrator."
- If you are prompted with a Security Warning dialog box, click Run.
- If you are prompted for a Windows user account, enter credentials for an administrator account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
|File name: DraftingAssistant_Setup_Full.exe
File size: 205 MB
Multiple Desktop Users Install for System Administrators
Complete the following steps to install Drafting Assistant software products using an unattended installation.
- If desired, install prerequisite software first. The Prerequisite Software section below contains download links. If you don't install prerequisites, they are downloaded and installed automatically as needed during the Drafting Assistant installation.
- Click the following link and download Drafting Assistant: Drafting Assistant 4.423.1010
- Run a Windows command prompt as an administrator. To access a command prompt, click Start, click Run, type cmd, and clickOK.
- Navigate to the folder where you saved the installation files (use the cd command) and then type: DraftingAssistant_Setup_Full.exe /q /norestart PRODLANG=2057
- Press Enter. Dialog boxes may be displayed during installation, but none require interaction.
Note: The Drafting Assistant .exe file automatically installs the following prerequisite software. To avoid a reboot during the installation process, though, you must install Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 before installing Drafting Assistant.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 – Downloads Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 4.0 – Downloads an embedded database for storing Drafting Assistant metadata
- Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies – Needed for your Office version
Note: The Microsoft Office Primary Interop Assemblies for Office 2013 and Office 2016 are automatically installed with the product. For further information, visit microsoft.com.
- Note: The following support packages are included in the Drafting Assistant 4.423.1010 download. They are available for individual download below.
Here is the order and the commands to install the above components:
The following four steps will install each component of Drafting Assistant silently. Please open an elevated Command Prompt (Run cmd.exe As Administrator). After executing a command you will be immediately returned to the command prompt with your cursor. Please download and install each component as they are listed for your version of Microsoft Windows below.
64-bit Microsoft Windows:
- Westlaw Solutions: msiexec.exe /i Thomson.West.Wsi.Setup_4.423.0007.msi TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Thomson Reuters\WSF" /lv "%temp%\wsfinstall.log" /q /norestart
- Desktop Framework: msiexec.exe /i TRDF_Setup.msi TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Thomson Reuters\TRDF" /lv "%temp%\trdfinstall.log" /q /norestart
- Drafting Assistant: msiexec.exe /i DraftingAssistant.msi TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Thomson Reuters\Drafting Assistant" /lv "%temp%\draftinginstall.log" /q /norestart TRANSFORMS=:2057.mst
32-bit Microsoft Windows:
- Westlaw Solutions: msiexec.exe /i Thomson.West.Wsi.Setup_4.423.0007.msi TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles%\Thomson Reuters\WSF" /lv "%temp%\wsfinstall.log" /q /norestart
- Desktop Framework: msiexec.exe /i TRDF_Setup.msi TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles%\Thomson Reuters\TRDF" /lv "%temp%\trdfinstall.log" /q /norestart
- Drafting Assistant: msiexec.exe /i DraftingAssistant.msi TARGETDIR="%ProgramFiles%\Thomson Reuters\Drafting Assistant" /lv "%temp%\draftinginstall.log" /q /norestart TRANSFORMS=:2057.mst
Contact our Technical Support team on +44 (0) 345 600 9355 (Option 2) or us our online contact form.