What is Legal Search Connect?
Legal Search Connect is an information retrieval tool that streamlines resources onto one search system. The search efficiency it provides can equip teams with more timely and precise results, while concurrently increasing the use of subscription services, adding value to the products you already have.
How does it work?
Using federated search technology, Legal Search Connect brings together internal databases and external legal information resources into a single search interface. It integrates internal document management systems with databases, websites and legal services like Westlaw UK and Practical Law.
Find exactly what you need - faster
Save time and cost by closing knowledge gaps
The rapid pace of change in your field requires the most up-to-date case law and legislation, while keeping with regulation and compliance in a more litigious world. With Legal Search Connect, you can search multiple locations at the same time, compare the information across all services, and use the right resource in a more timely manner.
Reduce risk through high-quality information
By controlling which resources can be searched and how they’re searched, you can improve efficiency, reduce duplication and be certain your lawyers, paralegals and PSLs are properly using all the necessary legal resources available. So you can make decisions confidently.
Cut training needs with efficient upkeep
Cut training needs with efficient upkeep Legal Search Connect is configurable, allowing different legal teams and practice groups to organise and search the resources that are appropriate to them. If they’d like to use a new content resource, it can be added without significant cost or disruption. The system is web-based and easy to manage with minimal IT involvement.
Capabilities and features
Improves individual search methods and results
- Uses UK & Ireland’s leading federated search technology
- Stores searches, tags results and bookmarks documents
- Allows for classification by Legal Subject, Document Type, Jurisdiction, Industry Sector and any other criteria
- Saves searches and creates search links that can be embedded into internal systems
Configures resources according to what’s relevant to your firm
- Gives full control and management to administrators within the firm
- Enables translation
- Analyses and reports on usage at a firm-wide, practice area or individual level
- Supports the capture, profiling, classification, browsing and searching of your know how
- Shares collections with colleagues via email
Streamlines your search
- Removes the need for a separate login across multiple products from various suppliers
- Adds new resources with minimal disruption
- Includes a knowledge management application especially designed for professional service firms
Connects your sources
- Integrates with Practical Law and Westlaw UK, amongst many other websites
- Integrates with your existing document management system and intranet
- The new integration with SharePoint allows you to access the full functionality of Legal Search Connect within this tool
You might also be interested in...
Used by hundreds of legal departments globally, Practical Law is like having a virtual professional support team at your fingertips. A maintained know-how and precedent library, spanning a wide range of subject areas means legal professionals can quickly get up to speed in unfamiliar territories.
Legal professionals rely on Westlaw UK as a quick and efficient means of doing legal research, accessing leading legal texts online and for horizon scanning, amongst other things. Annotated Bills and Legislation aid in interpreting new laws, whilst case alerts mean you never miss a judgment in your industry.
With this tool you can streamline the creation of legal documents, digitise the signature process, pull insightful reports, offer your clients self-service contracts, all whilst managing risk and improving your legal documents in the process. Discover how you can benefit.