Discover how to power your risk and compliance workflow
An incident has raised a flag against a potential risk associated with a process or action within your organisation which you need to investigate and resolve to make sure that your organisation is compliant.
Tap an icon to find out more
Undertaking a risk audit
P.E.S.T. factors expose your business to risks; you need to help your business understand its risk profile. You need to carry out or contribute to risk assessments by highlighting the applicable law and associated risks.
- Practical Law offers a suite of content on risk management practices and the different risks applicable to business, including practical guidance on how to assess the inherent and residual risk in your business, as well as controls, monitoring and assessment procedures you can implement to build or maintain an adequate risk mitigation programme.
Understanding any upcoming legislative or regulative changes which offer potential risk or opportunity has never been so important.
- Get help planning your strategy and keep up-to-date with legal and regulatory developments using Westlaw UK’s Bills tracking tool, grey materials, case alerts and Lawtel’s pending actions, permissions to appeal and legislation calendar.
- Practical Law’s in-house blog, hot topics, key dates calendar and monthly horizon scanning email provide the most important information you need about upcoming legal developments.
- Reduce the time you spend, searching multiple online resources with Solcara Legal Search, allowing you to check all your preferred case law content sources with a single easy-to-use search interface.
Make sure that your organisation’s policies, processes and documents are up-to-date, complete and robust.
- Use Practical Law’s checklists, standard documents and practice notes to improve or draft new policies. When updating compare your policies and procedures against Practical Law’s standard forms to identify where updates and improvements need to be made.
- If a new policy is needed, you can download a standard document from Practical Law and tailor it to your organisation.
- Sweet & Maxwell’s IDS Handbooks also provide a number of templates and other practical information on employment policies.
Now that you’ve understood that there is a risk you need to make your organisation aware and then train them to be compliant.
- Use the Collections facility in Solcara to provide a know how repository for all relevant content, such as linking internal materials with Practical Law and Westlaw UK materials, adding commentary, organising the collections into a hierarchy and sharing with others across the organisation.
- Take advantage of Thomson Reuters professional webinars, articles and master classes run by Practical Law editors and various external experts.
Learn how Practical Law can be applied to an internal bribery investigation.
Daniel Greenberg, Parliamentary Lawyer explains how we can help you to keep on top of all upcoming legislative and regulative change.
Sara Catley, Director of In-house Editorial at Practical Law, looks ahead at the key developments of 2017 that in-house practitioners need to be aware of.