We are happy to accept returns for books supplied on a sale-or-return basis, including charge-by-release subscription items, if they meet the following criteria:
- All books must be returned in re-saleable condition.
- Old editions must be returned within 90 days of a new edition being published, or within one month of being declared an old edition (where a title is withdrawn but a new edition is not published).
- Unless by prior written agreement, looseleaf books, subscription products after the first month, apart from charge-on-release updates, book supplements and CD products are not eligible for credit.
- For bookseller returns, shipping costs are your responsibility unless the return is due to an error by Thomson Reuters or if the goods arrived damaged.
- Contact Customer Support with a list of the titles and quantities to be returned, together with the invoice number(s) on which they were originally supplied to you.
- Customer Service will send a confirmation email to you which will include a returns authorisation document, a returns reference, confirmation of the return address and the value of the return.
- If you wish to provide us with a debit note number this will be referenced on the returns authorisation document.
- You must place the returns authorisation document in every parcel you are returning.
- The returns authorisation document is valid for 30 days and goods must be returned in re-saleable condition within this timescale. If you do not return your goods within this 30 day period you will have to request a new returns authorisation document.
- A credit note matching the returns authorisation document will be emailed to you promptly following receipt of the returned goods.
Shortages and damaged goods
- You must tell us about this procedure or do not shortages within one month of the invoice date.
- If you receive a book that is damaged, you must tell us within one month of receiving it. We are happy to arrange the collection of damaged goods at our expense.
Making a claim
To make a claim, please contact our customer service team. They will need the following information about the item for which you want to claim:
- Your account number
- The full title of the item
- How many you are claiming for
Returning subscription products
Paid subscriptions must be cancelled within one month of the invoice and any issues received returned to us in a re-saleable condition.
We recommend that returned items are sent via tracked delivery because in the case of lost items we will need proof of delivery before we can credit your account. Please enclose a copy of the Returns Authorisation document with the returned goods.
If returned items are unfit for resale, we reserve the right to return them to you at our expense. If returned items are past the date limit for credit, we reserve the right to dispose of them. In either of these cases, we will not credit your account.