Contract Express: Legal document and contract automation
A productivity solution that automates and simplifies the drafting of legal documents. Discover how better drafts lead to faster results.
What is Contract Express?
Contract Express is much more than just legal document automation software. It uses intuitive questionnaire technology for fast and accurate document drafting and enables firms to offer innovative client facing services. Contract Express understands the way lawyers work. That's why it’s a solution of choice for leading law firms worldwide.
How does it work?
Contract Express quickly automates contracts you frequently use, increasing productivity by reducing steps in the drafting process. Users generate these draft documents by filling out web-based forms called questionnaires. The forms are created automatically from your organisation’s own templates or from services such as Practical Law.
Free yourself to work on higher value tasks
Hit your expectations every time
Contract Express integrates with Practical Law so you're equipped with industry standard documents from the starting line. You can proceed with full confidence that you're working with the most up-to-date and accurate version of a document type.
Reduce delays with legal-smart software
The software features a patented template automation tool for MS Word that, unlike all other document automation products, understands lawyers’ square bracket legal markup notation. This means lawyers can automate and update the most complex legal documents without needing an IT specialist or programmer.
Attract new clients and impress current business
The precision and speed acquired through this innovative technology will differentiate your legal service from the competition. Clients will benefit from easy collaboration with associates through a secure client portal, and your firm’s advanced efficacy and improved compliance will be a selling point for new work.
Capabilities and features
Provides a better user experience
- Offers a customisable dashboard for a law firm or client
- Employs mobile first design
- Has a preview mode to observe changes as they're being made through the questionnaire
Scales to your size or usage requirements
- Manages high volumes of complex contracts
- Generates repetitive secondary deal documents
- Enables clients to complete a questionnaire to send to an associate for review
Supports a range of lawyers' needs
- Recognises lawyers’ square bracket legal markup notation with Contract Express Author
- Assists associates and paralegals with Contract Express Drafter
- Facilitates easier contract negotiation with Contract Express Negotiator
- Integrates with Practical Law
Technology that meets your requirements
- Works perfectly on mobile devices, whether it’s a smart phone or a tablet, the features will adapt to the screen size available for drafting and review on the go.
- Provides first class integration with your organization’s business systems such as client, matter, billing and accounting systems.
You might also be interested in...
Draft high quality legal documents in Microsoft Word. Drafting Assistant alerts you to missing defined terms, errors in references to cases and legislation and inaccurate cross references. It also integrates with Practical Law, Westlaw UK content and your Contract Express templates.
Contract Express customers that subscribe to Practical Law UK can access Practical Law content within their Microsoft Word. Practical Law standard documents, Contract Express and Drafting Assistant combine to form an end-to-end Drafting and Document Automation solution.
Tap into primary and secondary law sources, accessing leading legal texts online, for horizon scanning and more. Annotated bills aid in interpreting upcoming laws, and case alerts mean you never miss a judgment in your industry.