As a not-for-profit organisation, run by industry volunteers, we’ve been supporting the personal and professional development of Women Chartered Secretaries for over 90 years.
We support development by offering:
- Events – a regular schedule of professional and personal development topics with the chance to socialise and network.
- Mentoring scheme – for those new to our profession to draw on the knowledge of more experienced members.
Benefits of membership – becoming a member is just £22 per year, which affords reduced event fees, invites to free member-only events such as our summer party and festive drinks, as well as access to our mentoring scheme.
Non-members are also welcome to join us at the majority of our events at the standard fee rate. Whilst the AWCS was established to support women in our industry, given the progression seen over the last 90 years, we certainly encourage men in our profession to also attend our events as non-members – this adds to the diversity of thought and makes us a fully inclusive organisation.
The Buying Legal Council®
The Buying Legal Council® is the international trade organization for professionals tasked with sourcing legal services and managing supplier relationships.
We help our Members improve sourcing, evaluating, measuring outcomes, and achieving higher levels of service.
The Buying Legal Council® provides proven methodologies and innovative approaches.
Our Members benefit from:
- Accessing the largest knowledge bank on legal procurement: Primers, Cheat Sheets, Templates, Videos, Podcasts
- Monthly calls on Legal Procurement Best Practices
- Increased category knowledge through our Legal Lessons
- Attending our global conferences (New York, London, Frankfurt, Sydney)
- Networking and learning from their peers: Working Groups and Regional Meetings